Thursday, February 24, 2011

Direct and Indirect

DIRECT – INDIRECT
1.      The pigeons flew in again, and said,  "Cinderella, do you want us to help you sort the seeds?"
The pigeons asked me that, Did Cinderella want us to help you sort the seeds
2.      the pigeons said, "Cinderella, would you like to go dancing at the ball?"
The pigeons asked me that, Would Cinderella like to go dancing at the ball.
3.      she said, "how could I go in these dirty clothes?"
she asked me that, how could she go in those dirty clothes.
4.       Cinderella said, "Did you have a good time yesterday evening?"
→ Cinderella said that, Did she had a good time the previous day evening
5.      "I was standing in the front door when she rode by the house."
→ Ciderella said that, She was standing in the front door when she rode by the house.
6.      "What were you doing, standing in the front door?"
→ The oldest sister Cinderella said that, What were she doing, standing in the front door
7.      "If only my pigeons will come again,"
→ Cinderella told me that, If only her pigeons would come again
8.      The pigeons said, "Cinderella, would you like us to help you sort the peas."
→ The pigeons said that, Cinderella, would she like us to help she sort the peas.

0 comments:

Post a Comment